We’re growing and we looking for passionate people to help us achieve our mission.
- Social media (PT upto 5-8 hours/week. Work from home or CSI Annex. Pay based on experience)
- Bakers (Be your own boss opportunity. Work from North York-based commercial kitchen. Pay based on experience)
1. Growth Hacker / Social Media role
If you’re already passionate about food waste reduction or craft beer, we should talk
We need to grow our presence on social media.
In addition to building and inspiring followers as we embark on our #foodstartup journey, we’d like to engage with like-minded individuals and organizations:
- Get in front of #craftbrewers, fans of local #craftbeers, event planners to try our signature Beer Bread
- Sustainability advocates who are looking for #upcycled #circulareconomy #spentgrains #zerowaste #foodwaste solutions
- Reach out to #localfood advocates, chefs and bakers use our spent grain barley flour
- Inspire our followers that together, we can reverse climate change by re-imagining food waste.
- You can relate and connect with the audiences types outlined above
- Leverage existing connections to help build a high quality follower base
- You are already a changemaker and/or advocate (being the change you want to see in the world) in your own way
- Create and schedule content that will be visually compelling using royalty free stock images and videos with engagement in mind
- Propose a marketing strategy and execute it
- Drive to initiate conversations with like-minded partners – chefs, bakers, craft brewers – in Toronto, Ontario to start
Growth and the quality of follower base
Email us with short cover letter
We’re seeking to introduce a new type of flour into the market, made from the leftover barley grains from the beer manufacturing.
Due to the fermentation process, this flour will need to be mixed with regular flour so it holds together.
In general, spent barley flour can be substituted up to 50% in recipes that call for whole wheat or all-purpose flour.
People love the taste!
It totally has this insane, nutty profile that you don’t get from flour – Joel Gamoran, the national chef for Sur La Table stores
We embarked on this idea prior to the release of this New York Times article featuring Rise Flour. However, we essentially at the same point – working on reducing our cost of flour while looking to prove that there is a market for spent grain flour in Canada.
Thus, we’re looking for Bakers to develop their own recipes using spent grain flour.
We’re starting with shorter shelf life artisan bread and pretzels to longer shelf life products such as granola and pastas.
We provide access to commercial kitchen space and insurance
You produce goods, which we, in turn, we will sell.
If you’re an amateur or professional baker/bakery, looking for a side hustle, this might be perfect for you.
Requirement: Have City of Toronto (or equivalent for your city) Food Handler’s Certificate
If you like to experiment and produce high-quality delicious foods, we’d love to hear from you!
Email us with short cover letter
- We believe that there are more efficient ways of achieving our goals, sometimes against the status quo
- We take calculated risks
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- We Start with Why