The Spent Goods Company works with organizations to re-imagine food waste, reducing their expenses and carbon footprint while generating new revenue sources.
Whether it’s to make corrugated cardboard from spent grains or transforming day old bread into beer by diverting organic waste from the landfill, we can help you to reduce your climate change impact.
Most recently, we worked with craft breweries to transform their leftover barley grains (aka spent grains) into revenue generating food products that are sold as part of their menu to their customers, made from their own spent grains (which they used to pay to dispose of).
We’re growing and we looking for passionate people to help us achieve our mission.
- We believe that there are more efficient ways of achieving our goals, sometimes against the status quo
- We take calculated risks
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- We Start with Why
Sept 24 2020 – These 2 roles have been filled.
Thank you for your interest! Signup for our enewsletter for future opportunities.
1. Product Sales Representative
We find ourselves in uncertain times. Our traditional audiences of restaurants and schools are unavailable. Physical grocery stores are open, yet consumers have limited time to browse. Sampling of food / talking about our story, in-store, is not an option. However, brand new food businesses are popping up looking for good bread, buns, pretzels and crackers.
This work-from-home role goes beyond simply gathering email addresses / Instagram handles and sending enewsletters. You should be able to identify and engage with like-minded individuals and organizations.
- Inspire fans of local #craftbeers and foodie influencers to try our signature Beer Bread
- Engage sustainability advocates who are looking for #upcycled #circulareconomy #spentgrains #zerowaste #foodwaste solutions
- Reach out to #localfood advocates, chefs and bakers to incorporate our spent goods
- Inspire our followers that together, we can reverse climate change by re-imagining food waste.
2. Visual Storyteller (Marketing)
We’re looking for an individual to digitally instill craving for Spent Goods products and help us understand why consumers purchase our products.
While we have great tasting products, how do we truly stand out of the crowd?
Is it that we reuse products or that’s we’re local? How much is greenhouse gas offsetting, low waste, and circular economy important to our base?
Likely it’s a combination but we need to figure out our key message(s) that will encourage mainstream adoption.
How we narrow down to key messages is up to you – e.g., focus groups, encourage feedback videos …
Then how we we incorporate these messages into our packaging more effectively to tell our story?
At Spent Goods, you’ll learn
- Which values are important to Spent Goods and how to identify individuals and organizations who share those same values
- Why we focus on sensory and emotional storytelling
- How to tell our story in 10 seconds, 30 seconds and 1 minute
- Good sense of humour / playful attitude
- Creative thinker
- Has Food Handler’s certificate or worked in food industry for at least 1 year
- Is already a changemaker and/or advocate (being the change you want to see in the world) in your own way
- Create and schedule content that will be visually compelling using royalty free stock images and videos with engagement in mind
- Propose strategy and be able execute it independently with minimal supervision
Likely 15-20 hours/ week
As its based on experience, do let us know your ideal rate
If this sounds ideal, we’d love to hear from you.