We take your spent goods and we’ll find ways to re-use or upcycle them locally.
Ontario is likely to ban food waste from landfills due to lack of landfill space and to meet climate change goals.
If you represent an Ontario based brewery, tell us about your spent goods and we’ll find a solution for you
INPUT: The spent goods from a typical brewery include spent grains, hops, and yeast.
We’ll take your Spent Grains and transform them into:
- Animal feed – minimal caloric value but has ideal protein, lipid, and fiber source for Ruminants and dogs
- Mushroom spawn – Oyster mushrooms seem to particularily thrive in it
- Compost/Fertilizer – Spent grain is a high-nitrogen material, and once mixed with a high-carbon material and/or bulkier substances such as wood chips for proper aeration, it composts very well.
- Growth medium for Yeast – Nanyang Technological University in Singapore has developed a way to turn spent brewery grains into a growth medium for the yeast Rhodosporidium toruloides.
- Human food
- Ideal for non-white flour based like cookies, granola, energy bars, Irish soda bread, bread, and pizza.
- Up to 5% BSG added to regular flour – adds more fiber (potential Metamucil alternative) and reduced carbohydrates
- Provides human health benefits