We take your spent goods and we’ll find ways to re-use or upcycle them locally.
If you represent an Ontario based brewery, tell us about your spent goods and we’ll find a solution for you
INPUT: The spent goods from a typical brewery include spent grains, hops, and yeast.
We’ll take your Spent Grains and transform them into:
- Animal feed – minimal caloric value but has ideal protein, lipid, and fiber source for Ruminants and dogs
- Mushroom spawn – Oyster mushrooms seem to particularily thrive in it
- Compost/Fertilizer – Spent grain is a high-nitrogen material, and once mixed with a high-carbon material and/or bulkier substances such as wood chips for proper aeration, it composts very well.
- Growth medium for Yeast – Nanyang Technological University in Singapore has developed a way to turn spent brewery grains into a growth medium for the yeast Rhodosporidium toruloides.
- Human food
- Ideal for non-white flour based like cookies, granola, energy bars, Irish soda bread, bread, and pizza.
- Up to 5% BSG added to regular flour – adds more fiber (potential Metamucil alternative) and reduced carbohydrates
- Provides human health benefits