- Started to formalize ideas around Spent Goods.
- Initiated conversations with Henderson’s Brewery based on their interest in transforming spent grains into value.
- Accepted into CSI’s Climate Ventures accelerator.
- Initiated partnership with Drake Commissary (bakery) based on their interest in promoting and using locally sourced grains.
- Worked with Marc Van Beusekom, co-founder of St John’s Bakery, to establish recipes and bread samples.
- First media mention of the sourdough beer bread by BlogTO during first pop-up at Henderson’s Brewery.
- Initiated conversations with second bakery to make toasted beer bread.
- Sale of organic sourdough beer bread via CSI Cafe.
- Submitted Walmart Food waste RFP proposing Bread -> Beer, partnering with Recycling Council of Ontario.
- Participated in our first Farmers Market @ Junction!
- Initiated conversations with Building Roots.
- First sale of Toasted Beer Bread via Moss Park Shipping Container Grocery Store.
- Recipient of Carrot Cache grant which supports small projects in Ontario working toward a sustainable and just regional food system.
- Bread->Beer and Beer Crisps launch – Sourdough IPA event.
- Panelist at Zero Waste Conference in Toronto discussing Local Voluntary Approaches to Food Waste Reduction Panel.
- Sale of organic sourdough Beer Bread via retail: Annex based Karma Coop.
- Sale of organic sourdough Beer Bread via retail: Kensington based 4 Life Naturals.
- Hired part-time help to focus on business development.